Thursday, October 4, 2012

Still not old!

For the first time in 21 years I celebrated my birthday. I’m not telling you how old I am, but I can honestly say, I’m still not 40! Blondelicious did a fantastic job getting it together.  Thursday we went into Warrenville to hit Two Brother’s brewery for some fun. We met up with my college roommate, had some drinks and a great time.  I love visiting breweries. Usually you can get beers there that they don’t distribute. This time was no different. They had a batch of beer they had just tapped that they weren’t bottling. It was pretty dang good, and strong!

Friday Blondelicious threw me a birthday party. My friend D helped out with decorations and even made a quest for me to do. Which was rather entertaining, if not an attempt to embarrass me with stories from my childhood AND having to profess my undying love of Taylor Swift to an entire bar? Don’t ask, I’m not telling! The best part was the cake my wife bought me. It was done up to look like the Necronomicon from the Evil dead/Army of Darkness series.  It was made of red velvet cake with raspberry filling. Very delicious.

Saturday we hit various establishments that give away free stuff to people on their birthday. We also stopped midday to get pierced again. She had her nose pierced and I finally put a ring through my right ear. So that makes 2 new piercings each in the last 3 weeks for the both of us. YAY! We also hit both of the local breweries; Pig Minds Brewing Company and Carlyle Brewing Company. Over the weekend it was brought up multiple times, which is the better brewery. I will say they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Each has beer that is good and each has beer I don’t like. I think it’s just a matter of one’s mood. Saturday night we were just checking in where we were on Facebook when we notice that one of our local favorite singers was performing that night at a bar we both like. So off we went to hear some Jimmy Buffett songs! 

I really have to say that I’m glad I decided to actually celebrate my birthday this year. It was better than I anticipated.

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome my love! I'm not sure how I'm going to top this next year!

    ReplyDelete