Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ta Da!

APPARENTLY.... I am a slacker...I haven't put up a single post til now.  Someone gave me hell today for not posting anything on our brand spankin' new blog.  So here I go...

I like to drink.  A lot apparently.  I used to be considered a lightweight, 3 drinks and I was down for the count til the next day.  When I learned to play 3's (A.K.A. Circle of Death) I got so drunk and then soooo sick on mudslides... yes I know.  You can stop laughing now :/  After this experience, I decided I needed to start working out.

*cue Rocky theme*

I started to drink... maybe 2 to 3 times a week at first at about 2 to 3 drinks a time.  In doing so I was able to build a tolerance to alcohol....and I kept going.  Slowly at first, but gradually increasing until I felt confident enough to try playing 3's again.  I lost.  Never one to quit, I amped up my training, started including more than just beer, but alcohol of a more... powerful nature.  Rum became my "go to" booze, and with all my training I was finally able to stay upright for several games!

Sure, it's probably not great for my liver.... and I'm sure the 20 pounds I have gained have NOTHING to do with drinking *cough* but I'm having a fantastic time being able to try and keep up with the "Big Dogs!"

Most of all I enjoy going out with my husband, putting back a few drinks and not passing out at 8:30 :D  Here at the Private Beer Stash we welcome you to pull up a chair, crack open a cold one and enjoy the show, or be part of it!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to edb and the lovely and talented blondelicious. I hope this is a sign of many good things to come

    ReplyDelete